The Mid-Sized Bank Coalition of America (MBCA) is a business, economic and financial policy alliance comprised of mid-size banks with assets between approximately $8 and $50 billion doing business in the U.S. The MBCA speaks in a united voice on behalf of its members to Congress, regulators, other policymakers and the media on the many contributions by mid-size banks to our nation’s economy.
The MBCA represents the views of mid-size banks on financial policies and issues, both legislative and regulatory. We educate policymakers on the need to avoid imposing on mid-size banks a fuller range and cascading set of regulatory requirements that are more appropriate for large institutions with significant complexity – product volume, product market dominance, complexity of products and services, and international connectedness.
The MBCA describes how the overall economy, the banking industry, Main Street and the public good benefit from the existence of a healthy, competitive mid-size banking sector.
About Mid-Size Banks
Mid-size banks are an integral component of our nation’s economy. These institutions typically start as singular banks in a city and remain focused on providing relationship banking services to the surrounding region as the institution grows.
Mid-size banks meet the needs of their clients with a full range of financial products, talented colleagues, cutting-edge technology and tailored solutions. Because of their unique size, mid-size banks are able to leverage their resources, offer flexible services and deliver results in a personal and professional manner.
Mid-size banks meet the changing needs of expanding businesses, thus helping to create jobs and economic vitality that stabilize the nation’s backbone.
- Empower MCBA member banks to participate more effectively in the national legislative and regulatory dialogue on issues materially impacting mid-size banks’ ability to serve their customers and contribute fairly and fully to the U.S. economy.
- Encourage greater clarity and appreciation for the distinctive nature, scope and contributions of mid-size banks to the U.S. economy and the importance of sustaining them.
- Educate the public on the vital role of mid-size banks in helping Main Street businesses, entrepreneurs and their families grow the U.S. economy.
- Promote awareness of the considerable contributions and support mid-size banks provide to communities across the U.S., and the benefits those communities derive from the ability of these banks to fully compete in the marketplace.
- Reform regulatory thresholds for financial policy issues and regulatory measures that fail to consider the unique challenges and resources of mid-size banks and create a distortion in planning for natural growth and the associated growth in lending.